Cultural organizations aspire to make the world a better place through bold visions and meaningful initiatives. But in today's world, it can be hard to achieve real impact on your own. Partnerships are critical to winning broad public support, to reaching new audiences and donors, to doing more with every dollar and to bringing to life work that is as inspired as we dream it can be. Extending Your Reach helps you better understand how alliances can amplify your organizational strategy. After careful evaluation of your current relationships, your goals for the future and critical tactics for establishing alliances, you will leave this seminar prepared to lead a portfolio of strategic partners and engage in alliances that will help you achieve your vision.
University of Oregon
How you will benefit
Extending Your Reach gives you the tools, knowledge and context to strategically assess opportunities so that your partnerships can help you increase impact, furthering your mission and building a stronger cultural community. After attending Extending Your Reach, you will:
- Clearly understand how your institutional goals can be better served through strong partnerships and be able to strategically evaluate potential partnerships
- Better understand how alliances can help you accomplish more in today’s environment of greater competition, tighter money and more demanding contributors
- Have a clearly defined network map and partnership portfolio for your organization
- Effectively initiate and design alliances that engage partners and help further your mission.
What to expect
Your team will come together in advance of the seminar to discuss your current partnership activities and lay the groundwork for your time at the seminar. At Extending Your Reach, you’ll experience a mix of faculty presentations, class discussions and team activities – including analyzing your network map and evaluating in detail one of your organization’s critical alliances – to enhance your understanding of the vital role alliances can play in your organizational strategy and how fostering strong relationships can help you accomplish more. See a detailed
description of the seminar sessions »
Who should attend
An alliance-driven strategy requires effort from many departments within an organization. We recommend that your team includes at least three and up to five of the members most important to managing and executing your organization’s alliances. It may be helpful to include:
- Your executive-level program, management and board leadership
- Senior-level development, outreach, program and other staff with responsibility for external relationships
- Influential representatives of key stakeholder groups (for example, leaders from other arts organizations with whom you are considering partnerships)
July 24-25, 2014
Application coming soon.
Sign up for seminar updates »
Name your tuition for this seminar. Learn more »
Travel support is available for this seminar. Learn more »
To learn more about this seminar, contact Theresa Remick.